We are pleased to announce the Crowdfunding Workshop for Startups —the first one offered in Asia—that will give entrepreneurs like you the opportunity to pitch your idea, learn about and explore the unlimited potential in crowd finance. You will network with industry crowdfunding experts while collaborating with other innovators.
As part of the larger Crowdsourcing Week Singapore conference, this one-day Crowdfunding Workshop on June 7 at BLK 71 offers detailed training to empower and equip startups with best practices for successful crowdfunding. You will work closely throughout the day with international crowdfunding experts Darren Westlake and Paul Niederer, among others.
WHO YOU’LL MEET
Darren Westlake is founder of CrowdCube, the crowdfunding site on introducing a new model of micro-investing to startups. Paul Niederer is a Top 10 authority on equity-based crowdfunding. He is CEO of the Australian Small Scale Offerings Board (ASSOB). Startups will also have the opportunity to network with investors and industry experts and connect with other innovators during the event, lunch, and coffee breaks.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How a startup can set up a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Main challenges & how to avoid mistakes
- What a startup should know before crowdfunding their equity
- Support you should look for from platforms
- Peer-to-peer crowdfunding opportunities and risks involved
- The importance of building community
- How to engage your community and where & when should you start
Startup Pitch during Workshop:
Startups are invited to submit their ideas • Ten Startups will be choosen by CSW and partners to prepare the pitch to the panel • Top three winners will receive personalized follow up coaching for their crowdfunding campaigns • Startups are invited to submit their ideas to email@example.com