#Crowdchat 1: Pulse Check: What is the Global Status of Crowdsourcing in 2014? Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 11am EST
- From a global perspective, what are the big developments in crowdsourcing by continent?
- What’s the future of crowdsourcing/funding look like?
- What is the key purpose of the Global Crowdsourcing Survey 2014 and what are you asking people here?
- Which industries are most positioned to be transformed through crowdsourcing/crowdfunding?
- If you are an angel or VC, should you be worried crowdfunding is putting you out of business?
- What are the success factors of hosting a crowdfunding campaign?
- Why are we seeing 80% growth in the crowd industry whereas other areas of digital – enterprise infrastructure, social media member growth – are starting to flatline?
- What is your perspective on the progress of crowdsourcing inside corporations?
- What has you excited about CSW Singapore in April 7-11, 2014?
This chat will be a firecracker! Don’t miss it.
[Ed. Update: Here’s the recap of the #CrowdChat with Sean Moffitt.]
#Crowdchat 2: Where is Crowdfunding Headed in 2014? Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 4pm Melbourne Time
Excited about crowdfunding? Do not miss this Twitter chat with Rick Chen, Co-founder and Director of Pozible, a crowdfunding platform and community-building tool for creative projects and ideas. Pozible was founded on a need to make finance available in many ways to people who all have unique needs and talents. Driven by their own knowledge of startups and crowdsourcing for social enterprise and community development, they developed a model flexible enough for all kinds of endeavours, with few of the time and complexity issues of traditional funding models.
We will be talking to Rick about –
- Where does Crowdfunding stand in 2014, from a global perspective – what are the big developments by continent?
- Pozible just expanded to Singapore and Malaysia. How are crowdfunding initiatives in Asia-Pacific shaping up and what is the future?
- What is the current state of regulations on equity and rewards-based crowdfunding in Asia?
- What’s next in rewards-based crowdfunding?
- What happens after a successful crowdfunding round? How can individuals /startups keep up the momentum?
- With all the crowdfunding projects right now, how can you find funders and how can funders find you?
- Will we see a fatigue or decline in interest and investments as the crowdfunding space gets more and more crowded?
- What is your perspective on corporations taking up crowdfunding, such as GE?
So tune in to chat with Rick about all things crowdfunding!
#Crowdchat 3: Implications of Shifts in Technology, Regulations and Consumer Mindset on The Future of Collaborative Consumption – Feb 13, 2014 at 4pm Sydney NSW/ AEDT
We are so pleased to also host Lauren Anderson, Chief Knowledge Officer at Collaborative Lab. Lauren is a powerhouse of strategic knowledge and market insights for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and government leaders in the collaborative economy space. The #crowdchat will discuss the emergence of new business models, the change in the consumer mindset that will fuel technology innovations and the need for regulations to keep up. Some of the topics we will be talking about inlcude-
- How is the collaborative mindset keeping innovators on their toes?
- Has the mindset on sharing resources changed? Is this a global occurrence?
- Are government regulations keeping up? Which countries/ municipalities are leading this?
- How can developing economies fast-track regulation and benefits from a collaboration mindset?
- What are some low-tech ways to share resources in communities not connected to the web?
- How can businesses keep up?
We are really looking forward to this chat to get a deep-dive on the future of collaborative consumption
How can you get more out of our #crowdchat?
- Introduce yourself using #crowdchat and tweet:
- Follow all the chat leaders and connect with the participants before or after the chat.
- Epi Ludvik Nekaj, CEO of Crowdsourcing Week – @crowdweek @LPlus
- Sean Moffitt, Managing Director, Wikibrands – @wikibrands @seanmoffitt (#crowdchat 1, Jan 15)
- Rick Chen, Co-founder, Pozible – @pozible @rickchenn (#crowdchat 2, Jan 30)
- Lauren Anderson, Chief Knowledge Officer, Collaborative Lab – @CollCons @l__anderson (#crowdchat 3, Feb 13)
- Track and save the #crowdchat feed to get ahead on the conversations and questions from our community. We are part of a global movement and we understand our chat timing may not work for everybody so we encourage you to submit questions using the hashtag #crowdchat. We will ensure you are part of the contestation too!
- Send us your questions via the hashtag #crowdchat before the chat to help us ensure you get adequate answers.