The theme of the conference, “Crowd Impact: Empowering Transformation” will provide organizations with crowd-centered approaches and solutions to help them thrive in a hyper-connected society. Attendees will discover approaches and tools they need to transform their business through crowd interactions, the sharing economy and collaborative consumption.
The 5-day event will feature an opening night event with opportunities for networking followed by three days of programming on crowd innovation, new business models and citizen participation. The fifth and final day will focus on startups and crowd finance.
“Crowdsourcing is accelerating a new kind of social productivity – one that is transforming our social DNA in a highly networked world. We are more open to sharing, crowdfunding and creating collaborative futures today than ever before. The opportunity to apply this phenomenon is huge for organizations trying to do more with less. The conference will create empowered leaders to lead this transformation from within their organizations,” says Epi Ludvik Nekaj, Founder and CEO of Crowdsourcing Week.
- Sean Moffitt, managing director of Wikibrands and well-recognized thought leader in company innovation;
- Jeremiah Owyang, founder of Crowd Companies and pioneer on social business and the collaborative economy;
- Patrick Meier, director of social innovation at the Qatar Computing Research Institute and collaborator with the UN on humanitarian crowdsourcing for typhoon relief work in the Philippines;
- Maria Ressa, founder of Rappler and ace reporter redefining journalism by combining traditional broadcast, new media and mobile phone technology for social change;
- Jennifer Gustetic, executive at NASA who leads open data and innovation efforts for the US Government.