Creativity and innovation have become the buzzwords of the day. For instance, in the 2012 IBM CEO study, more than half of 1700 surveyed CEOs saw innovation as a key resource of sustained economic value. In the same study, 61% of CEOs reported creativity as being one of the traits critical for employee success. Sadly however, a lot of our beliefs regarding creativity and innovation are based on myths, common-sense intuition and the opinions of high-paid creativity gurus instead of being rooted in actual empirical evidence. In this post, I will use insights gleaned from empirical research to shed some light on one such deeply ingrained belief, namely that: “Groups are more creative than individuals.” Ever since Osborn coined the term “brainstorming” and developed a set of rules for...Read More
Diana Rus is a leadership, creativity and innovation expert who is passionate about bringing ideas to life and helping organizations steer the innovation process by combining the rigor of scientific research with a pragmatic focus on booking tangible results.
She holds a PhD in Management and is the founder at Creative Peas - a company that helps businesses create innovation cultures that drive performance and engagement. Her specialities include Innovation Management, Leadership & Management Development, Creativity Training and Public Speaking on Leadership, Creativity & Innovation. Diana tweets under @CreativePeas.
Articles by Diana Rus
Most Recent Posts
Most popular posts
- India’s Top 10 Crowdfundi... 449 views
- 10 Crowdfunding Platforms... 254 views
- Top 10 US Crowdfunding Pl... 247 views
- 10 Indispensable Open Inn... 234 views
- Top 15 Crowdfunding Platf... 228 views
- Bitcoin Exchange Comparis... 177 views
- The 5 P’s of the Cr... 80 views
- What is Crowdfunding? 69 views
- 10 Memorable Quotes from... 69 views
- Equity Crowdfunding vs Ve... 46 views