We had a great #crowdchat today with Sean Moffit, Managing Director of Wikibrands today where Sean presented some clear answers and very interesting facts on the status of crowdsourcing in 2014 and his predictions for the future.
“What are the big developments in crowdsourcing by continent, and which industries are most positioned to be transformed? What’s the progress of crowdsourcing inside corporations?”
Some key takeaways from the chat-
- Sean identifies Europe as “skyrocketing” in crowdfunding, consolidation of platforms, and video crowdsourcing. In Africa, trends are toward better governance, better efficiency of services and mobile crowdsourcing.
- Sean sees the 5 major crowdsourcing trends for North America as 1) crowdfunding regulation 2) crowdsourcing services, and maturation of crowdsourcing for 3) brands 4) enterprise and 5) government.
- Crowdsourcing will also be a huge boon to operational efficiency.
- His concerns include implementing fast & effective regulations, protecting intellectual property, and job security.
- The industries most positioned for transformation via crowdsourcing are 5) Education, 4) Healthcare, 3)Tech / Hardware, 2) Art & Design, and 1) Finance.
Do you have any thoughts on how crowdsourcing will look in the short term future? There is a great opportunity to voice your opinion on the 1st Annual Global Crowdsourcing Survey, co-producer by Wikibrands and Crowdsourcing Week. The results of this survey will highlight answers to, as Sean describes, “..the 27 questions you always wanted to know about crowdsourcing and crowdfunding”. Take the >> survey.
If you missed the chat, the #crowdchat story is below. Also, join us for the rest of the #crowdchat series.
What are the big developments in crowdsourcing by continent, and which industries are most positioned to be transformed? What’s the progress of crowdsourcing inside corporations? Wikibrands’ Sean Moffitt answers in the January 15, 2014 #CrowdChat hosted by Crowdsourcing Week.” Wikibrands’ Sean Moffitt answers in the January 15, 2014 #CrowdChat hosted by Crowdsourcing Week.