Who Is Lucien Engelen
I am very excited to say that tomorrow will be our 2nd CrowdChat. And we will be speaking with Lucien Engelen — Director of Radboud REshape & Innovation Center. Engelen is passionate about healthcare. And what I find most impressive is that Lucien is founder & curator of TEDxMaastricht “the Future of Health.” Why do I find that impressive — because I love what TEDx stands for.
I have never really given much thought to the evolution of the healthcare industry. But in listening to Lucien — I am now very curious. It will be interesting to see how healthcare will leverage crowdsourcing and social media to solve some of its biggest challenges.
- What: Lucien Engelen: Crowdsourcing & Healthcare – The Future!
- When: Wednesday, July 11th, from 2 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT
- Where: Twitter Hashtag: #CrowdChat
- Who to Follow/Panelists: @crowdweek @lucienengelen @lplus @ramonbnuezjr @crowdasia
- Moderators: @lplus @rskemps
- What is the Radboud REshape & Innovation Centre of the Radboud University Medical Centre (RUNMC)?
- You explain that today more than any other time in history t/ healthcare industry is facing its greatest challenge. Why?
- Do you think that t/ health care industry will benefit from the transparency of social media?
- You tell t/ healthcare industry to “think big.” Has crowdsourcing been part of that conversation?
- How does healthcare – a heavily regulated industry – effectively use #crowdsourcing to solve its most challenging demands?
- There is massive amounts of data sitting in hospitals. How can crowdsourcing structure that data into something useful?
- Should it be “a” goal for patients to control their own data – housing it somewhere – & granting access to apps, providers, etc?
- Why did you build an app so users can report the location of automated external defibrillators (AEDs)?
- Do you see crowdsourcing & social media as parts of a more holistic solution to improve healthcare provisioning?
Please join us for an educational hour.